The focus of Camp EGTI is TRANSITION – improving skills to assist with the transition from school to adulthood.
Instruction and activities during the weekdays will intentionally be designed with the goal of increasing skills related to community access, independent living, social communication, self-advocacy, and employment. Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Medication, time, and money management
- Personal and pedestrian safety
- Dining etiquette
- Public transportation
- Social communication
- Work readiness
- Career exploration
Please review the Camp EGTI requirements below to ensure the camp is a good fit. Individuals who meet the noted requirements are encouraged to move forward with submitting an application.
- Camper is between the ages of 18 – 22.
- Camper has/had an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Camper is able to perform hygiene routine independently (e.g. shower, dress, toilet, etc.).
- Camper does not require constant one-on-one supervision.
- Camper does not exhibit disruptive behavior or behavior that poses a safety concern (e.g. physical aggression, property destruction, non-compliance, elopement, etc.).
- Camper displays a willingness to participate in activities.
- Camper can commit to the full camp duration without scheduling conflicts. Exceptions may be applied to family emergencies; however, the financial policies will still be applied.
Camp EGTI Application & Forms
Applications are due by Friday, May 8, 2020.
Completed application packets must be mailed to:
Erskine Green Training Institute
c/o The Arc of Indiana Foundation
Attn: Camp EGTI
601 S. High Street
Muncie, IN 47305
Camp EGTI Dates
Campers will move into the Courtyard Muncie on July 5, 2020 at 5:00pm EST. Parents/guardians are invited to attend a closing program on July 24, 2020 at 11:00am EST. Campers will be expected to pack their belongings and move out immediately following the program.
Camp EGTI Cost
*Camp EGTI is private pay only.
|Camp EGTI - 3 Weeks|
|Room and Board with Student Roommate||$1,465|
|Room and Board Single Room||$2,460|
|Community and Living Support||$495|
|Total Program Cost with Camper Roommate|
* All attempts will be made to assign a roommate if desired. If one can’t be secured, the single rate will apply.
|Total Program Cost Single Room||$5,455|