Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship
High school seniors who are part of the class of 2018 and have an identified learning disability and/or ADHD are welcome to apply.
- The Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship is a $2,500 one-time scholarship awarded to a graduating high school senior with a documented learning disability and/or ADHD who will be enrolled in a two-year community college, a vocational or technical training program, or a specialized program for students with learning and attention issues in the fall of 2018.
All applications and supporting materials must be submitted by November 6th. Information about eligibility requirements and how to apply can be found at ncld.org/scholarships.
Ruby’s Rainbow Scholarships
Ruby’s Rainbow’s mission is to grant scholarships to adults with Down syndrome who are seeking postsecondary education, enrichment or vocational classes.
O’Neill Tabani Enrichment Fund
The mission of the O’Neill Tabani Enrichment Fund is to offer financial assistance to young adults with Down syndrome – 18 and older – who are continuing to enrich their lives by taking classes or enrolling in postsecondary educational programs.
Raising Opportunities Popcorn Sales
Individuals or families with an individual with a disability can create their very own fundraising webpage.
Fundraisers share the program with their network through social media, email and text. When friends, family, and associates visit the site and purchase popcorn:
- 55% of every order goes to the individual/family fundraiser to pay for private school, postsecondary education, fund an ABLE account, special needs trust or other need.
- 15% of every order goes directly to their disability-related partner. For students at EGTI, they would help raise funds for themselves as well as The Arc of Indiana Foundation.
- Raising Opportunities
Rehabmart Disability Scholarships
Rehabmart is owned and operated by Occupational and Physical Therapists – we would like to show our gratitude to the healthcare profession by offering scholarships to students with disabilities, health science students, or anyone majoring in special needs education. Learn More and Apply
- Enrollment at the undergraduate level or in final year of high school
- Must be a U.S. resident
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Submit a visual poem about overcoming adversity
This scholarship is available to all qualified students, regardless of disability status. However, special preference is given to students with disabilities. Learn More and Apply
National Down Syndrome Society: Ethan Saylor Memorial Scholarship
Each year at the Buddy Walk® on Washington, NDSS awards a $500 scholarship to an individual who embodies the same energy that Ethan carried with him. The scholarship is designed to help give individuals with Down syndrome a way to pursue their own quests, regardless of any perceived limitations. This award will be given annually to those who display the same drive and determination to pursue their dreams. For details, go to Ethan Saylor Memorial Scholarship.