Erskine Green Training Institute – Downloadable Resources
Click on the link below to access our downloadable resources/handouts for you.
Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS), a program of the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), provides quality individualized services to enhance and support people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain or retain employment. To learn more about VRS, visit their website: Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
If you are a current Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) consumer, contact your counselor to talk about career tracks offered at EGTI and how they may align to goals within your Individual Plan for Employment (IPE). If you are not yet working with VR but plan to seek vocational support through them, please schedule an intake appointment to complete the application and assessment process to determine your eligibility status. Keep in mind that not all individuals will qualify to receive VR support. For a list of VR office locations, please visit: Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services Offices.
Vocational Rehabilitation Order of Selection Update
Throughout the course of the current school year, there has been a great deal of discussion around Vocational Rehabilitation Services and its implementation of order of selection this year. At its fall trainings, VR distributed a list of Frequently Asked Questions. That document was recently revised (10-17), and EGTI is providing you the most up-to-date resource. Please access this link for current information: VR Order of Selection Updated FAQ, 10/17
Want even more information? Watch this podcast created by The Arc of Indiana: A View into VR Order of Selection
More helpful information from Vocational Rehabilitation
- Info for Students About Choosing a Career and Finding a Job
- Frequently Asked Questions from Teachers
- Information for Teachers About Student Referrals
Department of Workforce Development/WorkOne Career Centers
If you are not found eligible for services through Vocational Rehabilitation, please visit a WorkOne Career Center near you. Click for a regional map: WorkOne Locations
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development
- Indiana Institute on Disability and Community: Center on Community Living and Careers
- Self-Advocates of Indiana
- The Arc of Indiana
- U.S. Department of Labor: Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Finder – Developed by the AWS Foundation, FINDER provides 24/7 access to a comprehensive range of resources for people with disabilities, families, and providers.